02 November 2012

Gathering Resources

I have been working on gathering and organizing the resources that I have available to me at this time.  I have decided that this will be a life-long project and I am sure I will lose motivation sooner or later but I am determined to continue on this journey of tracing my ancestors.  I have most of my printed resources such as birth, death and census records in a binder.  I am also building a filing system so I can have a file folder of documented information for each person in my family tree. 
I am trying to utilize as many free resources as possible.  I found this website with some online genealogy lessons.  https://familysearch.org/learn/getting_started_step_1
This journey is fulfilling as well as frustrating.  I spent several hours last night just documenting information about my parents and grandparents.  This project will be very time consuming but I am looking forward to finding information about my ancestors and myself.
I am also going to use the Paper Tiger filing system to keep up with the various documents that I will need to file.  I have used this system for my personal documents and I have found it to be very reliable, especially since I have lost my short term and long term memory.   http://www.thepapertiger.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment